If you are anything like me, I am always looking for easy and fun activities for the kids to do! With Easter just around the corner and the kids home for the school holidays, we have put together some easy and fun activities you can try at home.
What you'll need:
- 1 large chocolate egg
- a glass of boiling water
- a knife
- your favourite lollies
- Heat your knife in a glass of hot water
- Cut your egg using the hot knife along the seam
- Fill 1 half of your chocolate egg with lollies
- Melt the other half of the chocolate egg in the microwave
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the lollies
Gift wrap for someone special or keep it for yourself!
What you'll need
- 4 hollow plastic eggs (we got ours from Big W)
- 4 marbles
- 4 acrylic paints
- an old cardboard box
- some blue tac or sticky tape
- a large thin plastic container with a lid
- Cut out an egg shape from your cardboard and stick it with tape or blue tak to the middle of your plastic container
- Place 1 marble inside each hollow egg
- Add one dot of each paint colour in the plastic container around your cardboard egg
- Place a hollow egg in each dot of paint
- Secure lid on the container and shake!
Once your cardboard egg is dry you can use them as decorations or handmade Easter cards
- Whipped cream
- Food colouring
- Easter eggs to find - we used wooden Easter eggs but you could use hollow plastic ones or chocolate ones for even more food play
- Spoons or tongs for finding your eggs
- Edible glitter and sprinkles
- In a food safe container, add your whipped cream and a few drops of food colouring. Stir a little but don't mix colours completely
- Hide your eggs in the cream
- Top with some edible glitter and sprinkles
- Add some spoons and or tongs and let the fun begin!
This is a messy activity so set up somewhere easy to clean, we did it in the bath tub after dinner followed by a bath and bed.
We also have some great FREE downloadable and printable activities: